Red Beet Pancakes
recipe courtesy of weelicious.com
1 cup all purpose flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
3 tablespoons light brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
2 medium beets, roasted & pureed (about 3/4 cups)
1 1/4 cup milk
1/3 cup plain greek yogurt
1 large egg
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sift the first 5 ingredients into a bowl.
- Place the rest of the wet ingredients in a separate bowl and whisk thoroughly to combine.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet and stir until just combined (you don’t want to overstir the batter — some lumps are good).
- Drop about 2 tbsp of the pancake mixture onto a greased griddle or pan over medium heat and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Serve with desired accompaniments.
* To freeze: Place the pancakes in labeled zipper bags and freeze for up to 3 months